Monday, September 3, 2007

I got my new bike!


Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah. And here it is...
I'm trying to decide whether I should rename it. My Mom has always called it the "marinoni" which isn't terribly original but somehow I feel disloyal changing the name to anything else. If I think of something more fitting maybe I'll change it otherwise marinoni it is. I am super excited about getting out to ride. I hope the weather will be alright.
I also spent several hours with my Dad learning how to change the tires. Thanks Dad. Also as part of my birthday gift my parents bought new tires. I don't really know much about tired but my Dad tells me they are good tires and something about kevlar. I don't know it sounded impressive. It's amazing how much you learn though. I'm sure before long I will be spouting off info about this tire or that tire.
My new semester starts tomorrow. Man I just barely finished the last semester. I also found out that the Masters Swim club that I want to join starts next Tues on Sept 11. I'm super psyched but I'm kinda nervous too. I worry about whether I can keep up, and if it's too hard will I hate it? They told me that I can come for the first week to try it out before I commit to registering for the year.
The funny things is that I find the smell of the pool almost comforting, even a bit nostalgic. Sounds strange I know but I think it's because for several years through childhood and early teens I swam with a competitive swim club. You spend alot of time in that pool when you are a competitive swimmer. I can remember during peak season having practices every afternoon and a early morning practise twice a week. Of course there were the swim meets on weekends to. I have good memories of my time with the swim club. But that was a long time ago over 20 years ago. Eww I don't like the sound of that out loud.
Anyway lots of new things on the horizon.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice bike! How do you fit in all your training ? Do you get up ultra early ? Sarah