Monday, September 10, 2007

Masters Swim Club Starts

I have a great training week planned and I am looking forward to it even though I know that I will be tired out by the weekend. I plan on a long endurance run today. ( This semester I don't have any classes on Mon.) Tues will be swim and a shorter higher cadence ride, Wed Long endurance bike and a short morning run, thurs morning swim and Fri Brick work out Sat a recovery swim.



The biggest change in this week's routine is that Tues will be my first swim with the Hyack Masters Swim Club. I'm excited and freaked out all at the same time. My biggest fear is that I won't be able to keep up and I'll be in everyone's way. My second fear is that it will be so hard that I'll come home too exhausted and not be interested in going anymore. I'll have to be up very early to be ready on deck for 5:15 ish. Yikes, I'm an early riser but the thought of being up at 4:30 am does sound a bit daunting. 5:00 is pretty standard for me but moving to 4 just sounds stupid early. Nevertheless it still seems interesting to me.



I'm also still getting used to the new bike but it's coming along and I really like riding it. I'm hoping in the next few weeks to purchase new clipless pedals and shoes. This should make a difference to my riding as well, or at least I think it will. The only reason I'm waiting is more of a time issue than anything else. On top of my training I'm really trying to discipline myself to work on my schoolwork daily/nightly. I left way to much to the last minute last semester and it stressed me out WAY too much and I think my marks were lower as a result. When I'm not trying as hard I tend to come in at about a c plus B level but I know that I could do better. It's only been a week but so far so good. I'm feeling much more energetic than I did over the summer so I think that helps too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I look forward to hearing how the Swim Club went ! S