Saturday, September 22, 2007

Some slight changes to pace...and figure.

Back to training after a few days off. I actually felt pretty good. I did an excellent run yesterday. Granted it was only a 45 min run but I felt like I could have gone longer but wanted to keep it short since I still seem very tired from my illness. I also kept a faster pace. I allready have been concentrating on maintaining a higher cadence on my bike and I think it's time to make at least one of my runs pace focused.



In the last year and a half of training I have always found it more difficult to increase my pace in any of my sports. At times I think it's my mind even more than my body. When I keep to a lower pace, lower heart reat ect I don't worry about wether I can finish my run, bike, swim. I know that I could keep on goin just like the energizer bunny. I don't even know why it's bugging me lately that I am so slow because I've honestly kept that out of my mind. I don't know if it's because I'm around more athletes lately and I'm a bit of a competitive personality or what.



The weather is definately begining to turn. It's colder, wetter and I had to pull out my longer run tights and long sleeve tops. It's so weird when the season changes and you put on clothes that you haven't worn in awhile. I was slightly pleased with the image that greeted me in the mirror. I seemed a little less bumpy, a little more trimmed down around the middle and overall a little more muscular. Boy I like that when I feel pleased about my figure and can focus on the assets instead of the liabilities. I actually noticed a strange thing about my favourite jeans too. In the thighs they are a bit looser but my butt....my word...I think it's bigger, not wider or anything just more muscular. I'm not sure how I feel about that. A muscular butt that rounds out instead of a flabby wide ass....well stated that way I'll take the muscular butt. I thought most of the major changes to my body were mostly over and only incremental changes were going to take place but obviously there is still room for further improvement. Cool. I suppose there's an upside to having allowed myself to get so out of shape, there's lots of opportunitty to experience positive change! Yeah me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay !! A muscular butt !! I dream of that, being still at the very saggy stage. Good for you. Isn't it amazing how your body can change so much ? Sarah

LBTEPA said...

You're more than welcome to link to my blog - thanks! And good luck with your half marathon - I'm sure you will blitz it :)