Monday, July 16, 2007

Tank vs the Marinoni

I got to try out what will be my new bike yesterday. All I can say is wow. I'm not sure when my parents will get a chance to transfer the bike here, but it will sure make going back to the Tank so much harder. I went out for a 22k ride with my Mom. My Mom is amazing, she will be turning 60 in a year or so and she can kick some butt on that bike. She has been cycling for 10 years or so now but her fitness level overall is just awesome, never mind just for her age, her fitness level probably surpasses many people in my age bracket (late 30 early 40) My Dad'e fitness level is good too but I think over all my mom surpasses everyone in our family. I do have to say I'm hard on her heels though. I might not be at the same level on the bike but my swimming is good and I think my running might be a bit stronger. My parents are part of the reason I'm on my Triathlon journey now. When I was in high school my Mom trained and completed her first Marathon. It left a deep impression on me and I myself have always wanted to sometime during my life time complete a Marathon. Okay so in the meantime that has evolved to Triathlons but I think during the course of my Training I will run a Marathon. This year it will be a half Marathon.

Back to the ride, it was a fairly easy, quite flat and the cadence was only about 65 to 70. I forgot to bring my HRM with me but I'm certain it was in a fairly moderate zone. Mainly it was about getting used to using a racing/road bike over a mountain bike. I'm looking so forward to being able to train on it. I just hope that it won't be too long. Mind you the weather in Vancouver is so mild that it is possible to train outside all season round. It just would be nice to start training on the road bike will the weather is still so gorgeous.

This am did a 75min run. I was a bit tired on the hills and found my HR spiking so I had to slow and even walk in a few spots. I love being out on an early summer morning. Birds are singing and the sun is just coming up and there is hardly anyone around. (except other avid runners and cyclists.) It is so WOW. I almost feel sad when I get back and look forward to getting up for the next mornings workout. Being out on such a beautiful morning makes up for the rude awakening at 5 in the morning. Soon I might even have to get up a bit earlier if I'm planning longer rides and runs.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Saw yor comment on Jessica's blog :-)
Congrats on heading into tris and your first half-M.. It sounds like you're doing heaps of training and doing really well already, so I'm sure you'll be kicking AG butt the minute you get that bike upgrade!