Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Dogs, Falls and Hills

This morning as I went out for my ride, I couldn't help feeling like a kid. Almost like I was sneaking away from everything to head out on an adventure. It was great.

Yesterday being Mon I went for early morning spin class and later went for 60 min run. Today I had a 80 min ride. It was my long ride for the week and I also incorporated hills. I was pleased at the effort I put in on the hills. The first is a steep but short hill and the second a long steady incline. I was also happy to be able to go down the hill without breaking the whole way. I'm still nervous about the speed and momentum on a down hill. I always freak out that I might fall. And I had on rookie moment where I was slowing to a stop and didn't get my feet out quickly enough and started to go down. I caught myself at the last moment and of course another (rather cute) cyclist was passing me on the opposite side. Way to look cool! Oh yeah and for the first time I experienced the adrenaline rush that occurs when a big dog comes bounding out barking at you. I let out a few expletives and the dog's owner apologized. More than likely it was just playing. Somehow playing with a dog that was nearly as big as my bike and with sharp teeth didn't appeal to me.

Later I will do a swim. Planning to do intervals. My two eldest are at camp this week and the youngest at daycare so it's a bit quieter around here so that I can train and study without a lot of interruption or distraction.

No comments: