Monday, July 9, 2007

Hot Run

I had a great day. I went out for a 12 k run. I felt strong even on the hills. I was worried that I might find it rough today as I ran in the afternoon instead of the morning. I'm not as used to running in the hot afternoon sun either. It was totally fine though.

Last week I was really struggling with my workouts. Actually had been struggling for several weeks. My runs in particular were really rough. My legs were dead and heavy and no amount of willpower seemed able to push me past 7k. It was my Mom that reminded me that I'm very prone to anemia and I had been pretty lax about taking any iron supplements. After three days or four days of taking more iron low and behold my energy was back.

I'm pretty tired tonight though. 12k isn't the hardest or the furthest run I've been on but it has been a couple of weeks since I've done a long run. I plan to go for 15 k next week.
Off to bed.

No comments: