Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The World is out to Thwart me

So my bike tire is still flat and I figured no problem I'll just leave it until my Dad comes on the weekend and teaches me how to change a flat in the meantime I'll go to a couple of spin class. But when I called to reserve my spot they've closed for the week for maintenance. Great. So I'm trying to figure out how to change my flat myself but so far I haven't even had a chance to look at it yet. I really don't want to go a whole week without riding, it's really annoying me especially when I feel like my body is totally primed for a hard training week.

Then I found out that most of the pools around the area. (Even the ones farther afield) are closed for you guessed it maintenance. AUGH! Although I swam in a pool that I haven't gone to for a long long time and they will only be close for a week while most of the others are closed for most of Sept. I forgot how much I loved this pool and on the plus side this will be where I will be joining a Masters Swim Club. The only draw back is that it's a bit dark, being an older pool it was never designed with windows. All the newer pools in the area are light and airy in design but this pool is way better set up for lap swimming. It is where alot of the local swim competitions are held. Anyhow I will swim this week but now I will have to take the following week off from swimming because I have nowhere to swim. Too bad I'm not all that set up for open water swims right now. Ah well next year. I plan to buy a wet suit in the spring.

Well at least I can keep up all my running they can't close off all the roads for maintenance. I had an excellent run yesterday. It was my long run and went out for an hour and 50 min. Today I was very pleased with my swimming keeping up some fast intervals for about 45 min, Did 80 lengths. As mentioned above had planned to do a spin class this evening but now that it's closed I might use the tie to fix my freakin' tire.

I guess I should be happy that the pools and community centers keep everything well maintained but do they all have to pick the same week, the same month. I swear they've conspired together to annoy people like me that go day in day out from week to week. I'm sure most people barely notice the closures. Maybe it's in the stars for me to take it slightly easier for the next week or two or at least focus on my runs.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These things are sent to try us! Its very frustrating isn't it ?! I have to say, " WOW" about your before and after photos. We are very similar in figure, only I am still at the before stage !! I am, however ,inspired. I think I might start swimming regularly as well as running. Sarah ps Thanks for popping by my page and for linking !!