Saturday, August 25, 2007

NO Bike ride for you.

I've had no daycare for my youngest daughter for the last week and my two older kids have been away so scheduling training this week has been a bit tricky but nevertheless I still fit some time in. I had already planned this as a recovery week because I knew I would have less time available than usual. I had managed to secure a sitter for an a couple of hours every morning so I was extremely disappointed when I rolled out to the road and crack psssssst. Dang my first flat and I don't know how to change them properly yet. My Dad and I have planned to have him show me how to change tires next week when he brings me my new bike. Figures eh. At any rate I didn't have time to change the tire that morning so instead of the Brick workout I had planned, I did an extended run.

I am very good at planning my training and I generally stick to my plan. There are only a few things that derail my training, sometimes my kids, my schoolwork if I have a paper that I've fallen behind on, and illness or injury, and oh yeah really inclement weather like snow. In most of the cases other than illness or injury I am generally good at modifying my plan. Sometimes fitting in all the pieces of my training and balancing other life things reminds me of playing a game of Tetris. You have to fit all the pieces just so while all them are moving and sometimes it works perfectly falling all into a perfect line and at others it's a bit harry and other times you miss and it leaves a gap. (but you might get a chance to fill it later.) It's all pretty cool. Training for multi sport is the neatest experience and it has taught me to roll with things more. I also love that my determination level that has always been pretty good in other areas of my life is becoming more fully developed through the course of my training. There are days that I feel almost capable of anything.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Flat tires suck! I know what you mean about planning workouts. I decided to sleep in this morning instead of going to my swim class. That split-second decision makes me feel like my whole week is ruined!